Welcome, this is a blog of things I love. I know there are a lot of blogs out there with the same idea...let's hope this one's a little different.

Sunday

Annie Leibovitz



...
"A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with these people"
-Annie Leibovitz
...


I love Annie Leibovitz. She is the ultimate in photography.
The emotion and colour that she uses in her work continue to impress me.
Especially her last collection of celebrities re-enacting old nursery ryhmes and
stories that I have grown up with. She has such a different approach to her
work, it isn't just about making the model look good, it's about the story she
is trying to communicate. <3



...
"When I say I want to photograph someone, what it really means is that I'd like to know them. Anyone I know I photograph"
-Annie Leibovitz
...

....
I especially love that she uses Aussie actresses Cate Blanchette and Nicole Kidman in a lot of her work. These two siren's of the silver screen come alive when photographed by Leibovitz.
...
"I didn't want to let women down. One of the stereotypes I see breaking is the idea of aging and older women not being beautiful"
-Annie Leibovitz
...



1 comment:

  1. I love her work. She is amazing! I love the Disney portraits she did! <3

    ReplyDelete